Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Let's go to Penney's!

After a month of allowing JC Penney's new IMC to sink in, I have realized it has not sunk in--at all. I keep forgetting I must stop referring to one of my favorite places by its archaic name. Get with it. It's jcp now... jcp... cool modern chic as demonstrated by lack of punctuation and capitalization... jcp.

Who wouldn't like to have Ellen DeGeneres as their spokesperson, while still maintaining their affiliation with Martha Stewart? I mean, who wouldn't want to have medium length hair and a pixie cut at the same time? What are you trying to do jcp? I am sure it's not me--it's you. I don't even know who you are anymore.

Also, what's with the lack of clearance racks and outrageous discounts? I must now learn how to cope with the concept that awesome prices are everyday prices. The absence of .99 at the end of prices makes me nervous. After decades (all two of them) of accepting the .99 as a NORMAL part of consumerist culture, now I have to adjust to this obscenity. No longer are the days where I could experience a sense of accomplishment for tracking the same sundress for 500 months, where I could savor my victory as I snatch said item with my quivering fingers, as my eyes scan stickers upon stickers of scratched-off prices on the tag, and finally obtain a 90% off discount.

Fellow Americans--the Mayans are right. I am convinced there is nothing left to live for.

What do you think? Yay or nay to JC Penney's (oops, jcp's) new look? Are you thrilled, confused, or (like me) utterly perturbed?

No comments: